What Is Masonry Estimation?
Masonry estimation refers to estimating the final costs of a job by determining what’s needed for building the structure, like brick, stone, concrete, columns, etc. After establishing what materials are required, quantities, labor costs, and transport costs need to be added to give clients the price of the masonry job.
- Difference Between Takeoffs And Estimating In Construction - October 30, 2023
- An Expert’s Pricing Guide For Masonry Estimation - October 28, 2023
- What Is A Construction Takeoff? – An Explanation From An Expert - October 18, 2023
What Work Goes Into A Masonry Estimation?
To give our clients a final price for their masonry estimate, we go through a rigorous process that entails analyzing your blueprints, gathering measurements of your wall, and factoring in how much materials are needed and what waste will be left over at the end. Once the material side of things is complete, we then have to look at manpower and how many workers are required to carry out the job, and how long it will take.
How Do You Establish What Materials You Need?
Raw material estimations should always be left to a professional; that’s where Mo Engineers come to the rescue.
This is the process we go through to estimate raw materials costs for each job.
- Decide what type of masonry you need – To start with your estimate, we need to determine what style of masonry project you want, whether it’s concrete blocks, brick, or other types. Every masonry job is different and has its own required materials and costs.
- Surface area calculation – As soon as we know what style of masonry you’re after, we have to calculate the surface area, which is done by gathering the height, width, and length of columns, walls, and the rest of the structures.
- Material calculation – From gathering the surface area, we’ll be able to determine what materials we need, such as bricks, stones, mortars, etc. We use conversion factors and industry-standard formulas to give us an accurate estimate of what’s required.
- Account for waste – Waste must be taken into account when we carry out the material calculation. Usually, we factor in 5% to 10% of the final estimate of materials.
- Gather the final costs – After going through the four previous steps, we establish the final cost of the materials by either contacting the suppliers directly or analyzing industry-standard pricing guides.
Why Choose Mo Engineers Masonry Estimating Service?
- Fast turnaround.
- Professional service.
- Attention to detail.
- Constant communication.
- Experienced team of masonry estimators who have helped hundreds of clients in Florida and throughout the US.
Don’t Miss Out On Your Free Quote From Mo Engineers – Get It Today!
Are you looking to get started on your construction project? Look no further! Mo Engineers is pleased to offer you a free quote today. Head over to our Contact Us page, email us through the form, and one of our experts will be with you shortly.